35 Lesson 15 Cathy and Mike
36 End of story
Police: Hello! We have received a phone call from this house.
Cathy’s mum: Yes, well…. I must apologise. You know, it’s all been a bit of a misunderstanding. Our neighbours are moving out today and the children were very confused.
Police: OK, madam. But try not to make such mistakes again. You shouldn’t waste police time.
Cathy’s mum: Of course. Thank you officer.
37 Lesson 15 Ben -song
Play and Learn
Look at the photos and name the furniture.
The secret life of pets
What do pets do when their people are at home?
Ben catches every ball you throw him.
Fluffy hangs out with his best friend, Jerry. They sleep all day long.
Robbie always comes when you call him and sits on your hand and sings.
Sam runs around the garden with his sister, Tilly. They eat grass.
Blob swims around the fish tank and looks through the window.
What are they doing today, at 10 am, when their people aren’t home?
Ben is reading books and learning how to take over the world.
Fluffy is lying in bed and having coffee and a sandwich for breakfast.
Robbie is using the tablet to phone its family in Australia.
Sam is going to the shops and riding a trolley.
Blob is escaping his water tank. It is flying a balloon.
- Have you got a pet? If yes, which one? If not, which one would you like to have?
- What does s/he usually do? What is s/he doing at the moment?
- Which of the photos are possible? Which are not?
- Do you know animals that behave in a strange way?
- What do they do?
- Which animals from the photos go outside? Which don’t?
- Who has someone to spend their time with?
- Which animal is the funniest? Why?
People in my home
I’ve got a new camera! It is a present from my grandparents for my twelfth birthday. Today, I decided to go around our house and take photos of my family. Look at how busy they all are!
This is my mum and my baby brother, Alex. They are sitting at my mum’s desk. Alex is playing with his toys. She is talking on the phone and checking my homework. She isn’t looking at her computer or writing anything. She is so busy!
Here is my dad, in our living room. He is working, or maybe surfing the internet. I hope my clothes are ready for school tomorrow because he isn’t doing the laundry. He is too busy!
My grandma is staying with us for the weekend. She is making lunch here. We are talking in the kitchen. She isn’t very happy that I am taking her photo with my camera. She is a very busy lady.
And this is our dog, Billy. He isn’t busy at all – he is sleeping on the rug and isn’t looking at me at all. Maybe he is tired or just dreaming about food!
- Where are the members of your family at the moment?
- What are they doing?
- How are they feeling? Are they happy, tired, busy, or something else?
- Can you take a picture of them or do a drawing?
- Do you remember your presents for your ninth, tenth and eleventh birthdays?
- Think about one day in the life of your pet. Write about what your pet is doing and when, like this: It is morning. My pet Max is having breakfast.